Thursday, November 25, 2010

Double the Fun for Thanksgiving 2010


     Michael's brother and wife had these adorable twin boys in October and we were thrilled that they were brave enough to drive up to our home for Thanksgiving. It was exhausting, but amazing, to meet our two new nephews. They were barely five weeks old, but already much different in mannerisms. I could have cuddled them for hours!


     My little one became "Mighty Reader" in her kindergarten class. This is the Native American name that she chose for herself and she came to Thanksgiving dinner in full costume this year. Notice that she is missing one bottom tooth. She had the nerve to lose her first tooth while Michael and I were away in Florida!

  
     What can I say other than Michael makes a great turkey.  He got up early and put our bird in the oven while I went off and ran an 8K race on Thanksgiving morning.  He amazes me and I amazed myself.  I finished my race, in the rain, and averaged a ten minute mile. Not bad for someone who had never run outside of her house since middle school!

  
     Here are Hayden and Sydney at Thanksgiving dinner. We had all five of us, plus Michael's two brothers, their wives and our little niece and our twin nephews.  It was wonderful to have a house full of family for the holiday weekend. We had so much fun just hanging out and playing board games.  The girls went to see the movie "Tangled" one afternoon, and all of us went to visit Santa Clause too.  It was a memorable and enjoyable Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment