Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dance Photos

I have assumed many titles and roles as a mother, and I have to say that I enjoy being a "dance mom" even though it is very exhausting at times. Both of the girls take dance and they had three different classes this year. Sydney took jazz and ballet, Maura was in Broadway Babies, which was a combo of ballet and tap. It involved many pairs of dance shoes, costumes and tights. When photo week came around in May, it was flat out exhausting and I learned to carry a bag with all sorts of hair accessories, hairspray, bobbie pins, extra tights, lipstick, etc.

This is Sydney in her costume for her jazz class. They danced to the 1980's classic, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." She really liked the colors of it.

It is always hard to get the girls' hair up and keep it up while they dance. Luckily, this was just for photos.

This is Sydney in her ballet costume. Her class danced to "Little Red Riding Hood" and they carried baskets on stage and everything. I loved this costume and watching her perform this routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment